Re: help needed: X61 fan control, and 2nd fan?control

On Tuesday 02 June 2009 01:01:14 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Jun 2009, Christoph Klünter wrote:
> > I tried again with
> >   echo "0x31 0x01" > ecdump
> > But nothing changed either.
>
> Does the tacometer readings change when you switch from the primary to
> the secondary fan, and back?  That would at least confirm we are seing
> different fans.
Yes, they do differ. I watched /proc/acpi/ibm/fan and when echoing
0x01 I saw 2000RPM and with 0x00 I saw 4000RPM.
I switched back and forth some times. I have no doubt this were
the RPMs of two different fans.

> It is especially interesting if you can do it while one of the fans is
> stopped and the other is running, as it leaves no room for doubts.
>
> > Still both fans can be switched off.
But they both stop when echoing "disabled" > fan.
No matter what is written to ecdump

> At the same time, or independently?
At the same time

Kind regards,