Re: Help needed to add support for the ThinkVantage (key) LED

Hi

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> BTW, given the above clues that the LED has brightness control, testing
> these extra bits on the thinkvantage LED is probably safe.  I *cannot* be

I decided to throw caution to the wind and test the full range:

0x0d - OFF
0x1d - OFF
0x2d - OFF
0x3d - OFF
0x4d - OFF
0x5d - OFF
0x6d - OFF
0x7d - OFF
0x8d - ON (DIM)
0x9d - ON (DIM)
0xad - ON (DIM)
0xbd - ON (DIM)
0xcd - BLINK (BRIGHT, SHARP, LONG PERIOD)
0xdd - BLINK (DIM, SMOOTH, SHORTER PERIOD)
0xed - BLINK (BRIGHT, SHARP, SHORT PERIOD)
0xfd - ON (DIM)

There doesn't seem to be an ON (BRIGHT) state.
To be clear about cd, dd and ed...

0xCD - the light is bright for about 6 seconds, then blinks off twice,
and starts again.
0xDD - the light pulsates from off to full brightness in about 2
seconds, then takes another 2 seconds to go back to off, and starts again
0xED - the light is bright for less than a second, then blinks off, and
starts again

After each test I reset it to OFF using 0d. I know that 1d is also an
OFF, but I didn't test if 2-7 would reset it to OFF, I just know that
after 0d they do nothing.

(fwiw it would be great if DD was exposed legitimately somehow, the
pulsation is not harsh and annoying like CD and ED, so it would make for
a great status indicator)

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones