Re: Critical temp shutdowns on ThinkPad X60 1706-GMG

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 03:28:51PM +0200, Luca Capello wrote:
> OK, if you want to give a try to my test case:
>
>   $ [install darcs]
>   $ darcs get http://alioth.debian.org/~gismo/darcs-pull-bug/parenscript.upstream/
>   $ darcs get http://alioth.debian.org/~gismo/darcs-pull-bug/parenscript/
>   $ cd parenscript
>   $ darcs pull ../parenscript.upstream/
>     [choose to apply only the first patch]
>
> At that point, darcs takes 100% of the CPU and temperature starts to
> rise :-(

Hmm.... darcs is not impressing me as a good choice of version control
systems.  I mean, yes I'm spoiled with git being able to merge
hundreds of patches is seconds, but this is rediculous!  :-)

I've tried running for it for a while, and THM0 and THM1 are in the
80-83 degree range, but it's not going above that.  According to THM1
has a passive trip point at 96 degrees, and a critical trip point at
100 degrees, but with your test case I'm not going anywhere near that
level.

Just for yucks I tried running a second copy of your test case (since
I hae a dual-core processor), and with the second core also busy 100%,
I was able to drive the temperature up another degree or two, but that
was about it.

Regards,

							- Ted