Re: thinkpad-acpi release 0.21-20080612 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:44:41 +0200 (CEST), sargentd@xxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> Looks like there are no bugs, just a surprise in the default state.
> It would be awesome if you could read the old state from the firmware and
> set it exactly the same, but off on boot is okay for me.

Oh, I can and I do read the old state, that's not the issue.  It's just not
how rfkill works, to leave the radio alone in whichever state it is when
the driver registers with the rfkill system.

rfkill wants to set the radio state to match a global state for all other
radios of that type.  Which actually works quite well, once the entire system
is converted to rfkill (lots of network drivers don't use the new kernel rfkill
system yet).

  Henrique Holschuh