Re: Information for R61/T61 owners

I use slackware on X61 7675-4KU with kernel 2.6.23.8, thinkpad-acpi 0.18.
I just want to help confirm the issues about X61.

The 2 and 4 is true for X61. The Volume keys just mute or unmute. I can only use kmix to adjust the volume.
I monitor the log files /var/log/acpid, it shows that the volume keys not generate the ibm/hotkey event.
But i use tpb, in /var/log/messages, i got this
Nov 23 15:28:15 moon logger: Got TPB Event: Action mute, Parameter: off
Nov 23 15:28:27 moon logger: Got TPB Event: Action mute, Parameter: on
I dont know how to get the volume keycode such like KEY_VOLUMEDOWN.

The 3 is also true for X61. I use the first solution(brightness_enable=1 module parameter).
When i change the brightness,
two events occur:
ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001010
video LCD0 00000086 00000000