Collecting keymaps

Guys,

You might have heard about the quirk site [1] for suspend and resume
quirks before, but now we are collecting keymap quirks to make the
special buttons such as multimedia keys and Fn function keys do the
right thing.

Lenovo have switched around the lock and battery keys in recent models,
and nobody quite knows how the decal on the button corresponds to the
key position on older ThinkPad models.

I've blogged about this yesterday [2], but I am asking for patches from
the thinkpad community. In this way we can make laptop special keys
"just work" in the future.

So, if you've ever seen messages like:

atkbd.c: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2, code 0x97 on isa0060/serio0).
atkbd.c: Use 'setkeycodes e017 keycode' to make it known.

or if buttons don't do the right thing on your ThinkPad, please click
the following two links and help where you can. The whole process is
pretty straightforward, but please email me off list if you get stuck
and I'll add more explanation where needed.

With a little help, we can make Linux on a ThinkPad seriously rock.

Thanks,

Richard Hughes

[1] http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/
[2] http://hughsient.livejournal.com/29730.html