Re: Does volume control work on your thinkpad?

> > The value in EC offset reflects the volume and the CMOS commands
> > work. The gnome on screen display is not always in sync with the EC
>
> Ok, so volume is working almost correctly.  Please check if byte 0x60 of
> NVRAM is showing the correct volume.  The NVRAM is supposed to be kept
> up-to-date by the BIOS through the CMOS commands...

Hmm.. when I started comparing the ecdump offset 0x30 and NVRAM offset
0x60, the NVRAM value was ecdump value + 1. When I adjusted the volume
up it eventually drove both values to 14 and now they are in
sync. Dunno how I could now get them unsynced again :-)

My thinkpad is X60 tablet.

--
Antti P Miettinen
Vuoriharjuntie 23 A