Re: Making KEY_UNKNOWN really useful to userland

On 5/31/07, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:
>
> I am on it on the thinkpad-acpi side, so at least for that, you don't have
> to worry.  I am still waiting an answer about which event is the correct one
> to output scancodes, but the thinkpad-acpi GIT tree is already updated with
> the above, tentively using MSC_SCAN to report scan codes.

I thought I sent out email saying MSC_SCAN is what you want to use,
MSC_RAW is raw data from device, potentially having make/break codes
included/encoded. Apparently my mail broke even more than I thought.

Highjacking the thread somewhat - Richard, I saw your patch for
toshiba_acpi. Please use input-polldev to set up polled devices. It
will create work queue for you and will make sure that polling is
stopped when device is closed. Also I don't think you want to use
KEY_BREAK. What is the expected function of that key?

Please copy me on input-related changes in the tree. Thank you.

--
Dmitry