Re: sysfs conversion

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Sounds like you both are fine about the idea, remains the question who
> does the job? :)

Whomever gets to it first, I suppose.  Mind you, that also applies to the
LED conversion of ibm-acpi.  Of course, I will leave that for last, but if I
keep hitting my head against the wall trying to fix the bay driver after
converting everything else to sysfs, and learning ALSA for the volume
conversion, well...

I will notify you if I start working on LED, should that happen.

> My first goal for this patch is to get in sync with your ibm-acpi
> changes and incooperate the requested changes. Once I have finished
> the basic tasks, on/off, I start looking into a blink trigger.

I just pushed it to repo.or.cz.  You can work off the queue/waiting branch.
To avoid headaches, I suggest you rewind that branch to commit "ACPI:
ibm-acpi: add infrastructure for the sysfs device attributes", branch it to
a local reference branch, and branch from that reference branch for your
various LED work branches.

This is needed because I keep rewinding and modifying past commits in the
queue/waiting branch, and you don't want to waste your time resyncing.

  Henrique Holschuh