About this and future ibm-acpi for-kernel-merge patch series

About this (and all further "kernel merge" patch series):

1. These patches are against the acpi-test branch, which is what I have to
work with for upstream merge.  acpi-test lives at
http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/lenb/linux-acpi-2.6.git

2. I will not publish "consolidated" patches of these series.  Instead, I
will ressurect the ibm-acpi tarball releases!  There is a reason for this:
currently, ibm-acpi for acpi-test can actually work in the stable kernel,
but as soon as the acpi sysfs work lands in acpi-test, I very much doubt
this will remain true...

3. The ibm-acpi tarball releases will include consolidated (aka
"easy-to-apply") patches against the latest *stable* kernel (currently, that
means 2.6.18.3) with whatever subset of the changes sent to acpi-test that
make sense for the stable kernel.  I will also try to prepare a consolidated
patch against the latest -rc kernel.

Now that I have sent the current stack of patches upstream, I have just to
deal with a last minute patch sent by Adrian Bunk, and I will start working
on the ibm-acpi 0.13 tarball release for all of you.  The consolidated
patches for 2.6.18.y will be sent to the mailinglist as soon as they're
ready, so you'll not have to wait for the tarball release.

PS:  The S30 support patch has been held, as it is not working as well as I
hoped.  It will be sent upstream when I know more about the issue.

  Henrique Holschuh