Re: create /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Hi Christopher,

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Christoph Pleger
<Christoph.Pleger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I hope that this is a right place fur udev questions.

Sure, though most udev discussions happen on the systemd mailinglist these days.

> My problem is that I need to create a file
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules on a PXE-Booted computer with an
> NFS-Rootfilesystem. Unfortunately, that file ist not created automatically
> at boot time, also "echo add > /sys/class/net/*/uevent" did not work,
> though it did an another, disk-booted computer where I had deleted the
> file before.
>
> So, how can I create /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules on a
> netbooted computer, if possible without using tools like ifconfig, sed and
> awk?

This mechanism is no longer supported/shipped upstream. Instead we
suggest using the scheme outlined here:
<http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/>,
which is the default.

HTH,