Re: udev not renaming interface if driver is built-in

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 10:16:49AM +0530, Rajib Karmakar wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 8:51 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 07:16:19PM +0530, Rajib Karmakar wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> My ethernet driver was built as a module and once it was probed, I can
> >> see that udev renames the interface. but when I try to have the
> >> ethernet driver as built-in. the driver is probed but udev no longer
> >> renames the interface.
> >>
> >> Can you please help me in this?
> >
> > You aren't providing the version of udev you are using, the distro you
> > are using, what initramfs you are using, or the kernel you are using, so
> > it's a bit hard to help you out without that...
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > greg k-h
> Sorry for this, I am a bit new to kernel driver development and does
> not quite understand a lot of things. Here are the details you wanted,
>
> kernel version: 2.6.34

Wow that's a very old and obsolete and unsupported kernel version, you
really are on your own here.  If you have to use this kernel, get
support from the company that is forcing you to stick with it, that is
what you are paying them for.

Best of luck,

greg k-h