Re: [RFC Patch V1 00/30] Enable memoryless node on x86 platforms

On 2014/7/22 1:57, Nishanth Aravamudan wrote:
> On 21.07.2014 [10:41:59 -0700], Tony Luck wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Nishanth Aravamudan
>> <nacc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> It seems like the issue is the order of onlining of resources on a
>>> specific x86 platform?
>>
>> Yes. When we online a node the BIOS hits us with some ACPI hotplug events:
>>
>> First: Here are some new cpus
>
> Ok, so during this period, you might get some remote allocations. Do you
> know the topology of these CPUs? That is they belong to a
> (soon-to-exist) NUMA node? Can you online that currently offline NUMA
> node at this point (so that NODE_DATA()) resolves, etc.)?
Hi Nishanth,
	We have method to get the NUMA information about the CPU, and
patch "[RFC Patch V1 30/30] x86, NUMA: Online node earlier when doing
CPU hot-addition" tries to solve this issue by onlining NUMA node
as early as possible. Actually we are trying to enable memoryless node
as you have suggested.

Regards!
Gerry