Re: Cross building udev cannot creat device node

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 12:18:34PM +0800, 李建文 wrote:
> greg k-h
> thanks for your reply,  from which verison of udev no longger creates
> the device nodes?

I do not remember, read the release notes, or look at the git commit log
for the details on when this happened.

> I awaly use a very old udev. now I want upgrade udev to 182, but
> failed,  should I enable
> DEVTMPFS ?

Yes, you always should.

> and I had tried to build kernel with CONFIG_DEVTMPFS, and also cannot
> find dynamic device node be created.
> / # zcat /proc/config.gz |grep CONFIG_DEVTMPFS
> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y
> CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y

I don't know what is going on, sorry.  3.0 is very old and obsolete,
please move to a modern kernel version if you want help from the
community.

good luck,

greg k-h