/dev entry of USB device not disappearing after detach

Hello,

I am working on a driver for a virtual USB host controller. When I attach a USB
device, everything is fine - sysfs files are created, /dev entry is
created, device is usable.
However, when I detach it, the /dev entry still remains. The sysfs
files are removed, as expected. Obviously, the /dev entry is no longer
usable, e.g. it can't be used for mounting.

The output from udevmon is here [1]. vhci_hcd is the device representing the
USB hub and 2-1 is the bus ID of the attached device.

As far as I can tell, udevd receives the remove event but, for some
reason, the /dev entry still remains.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Valentina