Re: Reordered network interface names

Hello,

thank you for your response.

On 03.02.2014 13:02, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> Rarely after reboot interfaces are reordered and one of them is named

> eth1_rename (about 20 reboots is needed to reproduce this issue). I
> tried to update udev but this didn't resolve this issue. I also tried
> running udev with debug-trace but it caused that only eth0 didn't have
> "_rename" suffix.

This is a known problem, when trying to rename interfaces in the kernel namespace (ethX). It is fixed in recent versions of udev (what versions did you try?) by udev automatically renaming all the interfaces in a deterministic way (google for predictable interface names).

I understand. I tried the latest udev which compile on this system (udev-137 downloaded from pkgs.fedoraproject.org). But now I know that it's fixed in version 197. I'll try to resolve this issue manually. Thank you for your help.

I suggest you either use the most recent udev, or call your interfaces something else, lanX, say.

HTH,

Tom

Best regards,
Arkadiusz