a problem of preparing before cpu hot remove

Hi All,

Recently, I'm implementing cpu hot-remove for QEMU. I has a question
that there is no chance for applications to prepare vcpu-hotremove
before cpu down.
For example, if user specify cpu-pin for some applications, and its cpu
is removed, there is no notification to udev for preparing to do some
repin before cpu down. the applications would not change setting before
cpu down.

I want to know that whether there is a scenario that can notify the
applications for preparing before cpu down. and if preparing fails, I
want the cpu remove failure.

Thanks,
Chen