Logitech iTouch USB keyboard scan codes

Hi,
I noticed that Götz Christ had submitted a report on 23 Feb 2013 about broken scan codes with his Logitech keyboard and a related bug report on 2013-03-07 with some additional discussion here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.hotplug.devel/17650
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1152377

According to Götz' report he has a Logitech "iTouch Internet Navigator" keyboard. I got aware of his reports because I also have a Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard and his reports were pretty helpful when setting up the extra keys of my keyboard to be used with an Opensuse 12.3 64bit installation, KDE 4.10.5.

Soon I had to realize that Götz obviously has a different keyboard than me. While for instance he has finance and shopping keys I do have a shopping key but no finance (how ever that may be interpreted). Most importantly, his scan codes are others than mine: What is shopping for him means chat for me etc. Logitech obviously has produced a lot of different keyboards over the years where some of them had been named identically or very similar, but the actual keys and the scancodes are different. Some listings of those vintage keyboards:
http://www.logitech.com/de-de/support/keyboards?legacy=1
http://keytouch.sourceforge.net/keyboards_logitech.php

But this may lead to some confusion or erroneous bug reporting when for udev reasons only a sparse naming like Logitech iTouch (USB) is used (that's a whole extended family, not just a single person, so to say) or when the relevant udev rule just has a string like "Logitech USB Keyboard" for recognition of the actual keyboard. Maybe it would be a good idea to include more info for recignition; USB keyboards may be identified very easily by their vendor and product id which lsusb is happy to provide.

Anyway, here are my scancodes for this keyboard "Logitech Internet Navigator" (Logitech's product number Y-BF37), VID 046d, PID c309. Product web page:
http://www.logitech.com/de-de/support/3373

I added this line to my 95-keymap.rules:

ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="Logitech*", ATTRS{idProduct}=="c309", RUN+="keymap $name logitech-int-nav-046d-c309-usb-complete"

.. and I'm happy to report that this works very well. I have made two actual keymap files: one verbose file (logitech-int-nav-046d-c309-usb-complete) with all the extra keys of this keyboard (even if they had been recognized before or are practically not usable) for research and reference purposes and one terse file with just the missing or broken keys (logitech-int-nav-046d-c309-usb). Make use of this as you like.

Cheers
AK

Keymaps:
logitech-int-nav-046d-c309-usb
# Keyboard: Logitech Internet Navigator (Y-BF37) (USB)
# http://www.logitech.com/de-de/support/3373
# key names in comments = German labels as printed on the keyboard (where available)
#
0x90001 chat         # Messenger/SMS
0x90002 camera       # Webkamera
0x90003 prog1        # iTouch
0x90004 shop         # Einkaufen
# F key functions: with F-lock key ("F-Taste") switched OFF
0xc0201 new          # New (F1). Not supported by Qt.
0xc0289 reply        # Reply mail (F2)
0xc028b forwardmail  # Forward mail (F3)
0xc028c send         # Send (F4)
0xc021a undo         # Undo (F5). Not supported by Qt.
0xc0279 redo         # Redo (F6). Not supported by Qt.
0xc0208 print        # Print (F7)
0xc0207 save         # Save (F8)
0xc0194 file         # My Computer (F9)
0xc01a7 documents    # My Documents (F10)
0xc01b6 images       # My Pictures (F11) ??
0xc01b7 sound        # My Music (F12) ??

logitech-int-nav-046d-c309-usb-complete
# Keyboard: Logitech Internet Navigator (Y-BF37) (USB)
# VID 046d, PID c309
# http://www.logitech.com/de-de/support/3373
# complete set of extra keys (including those already being recognized by current keyboard driver)
# keys broken/missing previously marked as #* in comment
# key names in comments = German labels as printed on the keyboard (where available); unlocked F-keys have symbols printed on the key
0xc018a mail         # E-Mail
0x90001 chat         #* Messenger/SMS
0x90002 camera       #* Webkamera
0xC00B6 previoussong # previous song
0xC00B5 nextsong     # next song
0xC0183 media        # Media
0xC00EA volumedown   # volume down
0xC00E9 volumeup     # volume up
0xC00E2 mute         # mute
0xC00CD playpause    # play / pause
0xC00B7 stopcd       # stop
0x90003 prog1        #* iTouch
0xc0221 search       # Suchen
0x90004 shop         #* Einkaufen
0xc022a bookmarks    # Favoriten
0xc0223 homepage     # Startseite
0x10082 sleep        # User
# F key functions: with F-lock key ("F-Taste") switched OFF
0xc0201 new          #* New (F1). Not supported by Qt.
0xc0289 reply        #* Reply mail (F2)
0xc028b forwardmail  #* Forward mail (F3)
0xc028c send         #* Send (F4)
0xc021a undo         #* Undo (F5). Not supported by Qt.
0xc0279 redo         #* Redo (F6). Not supported by Qt.
0xc0208 print        #* Print (F7)
0xc0207 save         #* Save (F8)
0xc0194 file         #* My Computer (F9)
0xc01a7 documents    #* My Documents (F10)
0xc01b6 images       #* My Pictures (F11) ??
0xc01b7 sound        #* My Music (F12) ??
# scroll wheel + buttons at left side ("iNav" group)
#0x90006 105         #* wheelclick. Not supported by Qt.
0xc0225 forward      # forward
0xc0224 back         # back