Disabling device

Hello,
I want to tell udev in RHEL6 _not_ to create a hard drive device in /dev/ identified by (for example) serial number. I see two problems:
1. AFAIK it is not possible to disable device creation in udev/rules.d/
2. It is not possible to identify device by serial number in udev. When I run: udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/sdak)
, it does not show me serial or other identifying information.

I need to get rid of this device because I'm sharing one disk array between two servers and both of them see all devices in the array. I want to make sure the two servers are not accessing the drives simultaneously.

-Stefan