Re: Mounting only inserted disks

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Kay Sievers wrote:

It is just plain wrong to continue anything like the dirty hacks which are mentioned earlier in this mail thread.

I see your point, but could you comment on the use of a udev rule that aims solely to auto-mount detachable media such as USB sticks? I've been using a mounting rule which starts

KERNEL!="sd[b-z][0-9]", GOTO=<get out>

on a system where the only hard drive is /dev/sda, and sdb and higher will only be USB memory devices. This has worked fine, although in one respect the rule is now out of date, in that it includes

 IMPORT{program}="/sbin/blkid -o udev -p %N"

which I guess should be substituted by

 IMPORT{builtin}="blkid --noraid" (?)

Would this be considered kosher in context?

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics