Re: Udev loads wrong keymap

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:51:35 +0700
ajaxas <ajaxas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you for your fast reply! And it was ultimately useful!
>
> I should have known better than to trust XFCE, as I've already had my
> troubles with it's stupid components interfering with xorg settings.
> Following your instructions step by step I installed udev-179 from
> testing repository (nothing changed), tried xev (it responded) and
> then created new user only to find Brightness control keys working.
>
> Now I have to find what XFCE component is responsible for this.

Probably xfce4-xkb-plugin - it doesn't inherit any current keyboard
settings when it switches a layout (note that this isn't necessarily
a bug in itself), so perhaps the layout that it applies is somehow
bad.

> Although I still don't know why my Volume control scan codes differ
> from those in module-sony keymap file.

Do you have xfce4-volumed (and its dep, keybinder) installed?  I don't
know what they might be doing (if anything), but perhaps that's a
place to start looking...

-RW