Re: iwlwifi with udev-177

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Kay Sievers wrote:

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 15:42, Allin Cottrell <cottrell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Kay Sievers wrote:

You are sure, you don't have the old firmware loader installed along
with the new udev, right? There is no /lib/udev/rules.d/50-firmware*
file, right?

Urgh, wrong. My old 50-firmware.rules file escaped my notice. I've now
deleted it. While on that subject, I take it that the files pci-db and
usb-db in /lib/udev are not wanted any more?

They don't hurt, they should be never called again by the current
udev. They run only a single time per device. All the IMPORT= stuff is
taken over transparently by the built-ins.

I'm not sure if the old firware rule can cause this problem, but it is
definitely not right to call that twice (RUN is not taken over).

Thanks. I haven't tried rebooting yet, but just doing rmmod iwlwifi ; modprobe iwlwifi I'm no longer seeing the firmware-loading failure message.

Allin Cottrell