udev regression from 167 to 168 on notion ink adam

hi,

I'm running debian unstable on the notion ink adam tablet.
It was all working fine until debian upgraded udev to 168.
>From then on the following three things happen with new rootfs
builds:

1.) upon each boot udev would take 180 seconds to finish and
ÂÂÂ allow the boot process to continue after the "waiting for /dev to
ÂÂÂ be fully populated" message.
2.) when the system is booted doing "ps -e | grep udevd | wc -l"
ÂÂÂ yields that I have 24 udevd processes running.
3.) when i start "top" I see that there is a udevd process running
ÂÂÂ constantly consuming 100% cpu power.

I had still an older rootfs of mine lying around with udev 167 which
was working fine. After I upgraded it to 168 it showed the exact
same behaviour as explained above.

now my question is: how do I debug this? how do I find out
what is wrong? It is probably already helping that I know that 167
worked and 168 is not?

cheers, josch