Re: embedded udev-81 doesn't remove node when fd open

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 04:03:00PM -0700, John Ervin wrote:
> > Note, we did "help" this out in future kernel versions by sending a
> > HANGUP signal to userspace when the device went away, and you would get
> > that fix for free by updating to a newer kernel.
>
> Greg,
>
> Happen to recall the earliest this was implemented, ie kernel with
> appropriate udev/rev?

Again, it's not a udev issue, it was a kernel change.

And no, sorry, I don't, again, it was years ago, which was a few hundred
thousand changes ago, sorry.

git is your friend, it should be trivial to dig it up if you really want
it.  Go make the people forcing you to stick with obsolete software do
it for you :)

good luck,

greg k-h