a library for udev rules?

Hi,

as I am refactoring some messy code in yast2-network.rpm, I found a
part dealing with udev rules
(/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules in particular).

Do you know of any library dealing with the rule configuration
files? AFAIK libudev only deals with the events and devices, not
with the config.  My search has not found an Augeas lens for the
rules, nothing for perl or python or ruby.

If I go about writing such a library, would you be interested in
having it upstream?
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner