Re: net device renaming 2-step, IFNAMSIZ limit

Indeed, speaking as the guy who wrote the two-step naming, the point
was to make it possible to *swap* eth0 and eth1.

If you're renaming from eth0 -> e1 and eth1 -> e0, you don't need the
two steps, since the destination names cannot possible conflict.

Scott