Re: Early-boot kernel panics from udev-165/extras/ata_id/ata_id.c

Some additional info: Several weeks ago, for one laptop which has no cd/dvd drives on which I installed udev-165, I got a similar kernel-panic (udevd tainted) seveal times, so the issue appears to not necessarily be tightly coupled to cd drives.
John