Re: USB suspend and Logitech Iilluminated Keyboard

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 18:38, Roland Ramthun <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I recently bought a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, which has, as the name suggests, a background illumination.
>
> After activating USB suspend (USB_SUSPEND) in the kernel, the keyboard is rendered unusable:
> *) It starts to flash (suspend -> immediate wakeup, even without a key pressed -> suspend -> ...)
> *) While starting up the illumination after every suspend, key presses are not recognized for fractions of a second
>
> I wrote an udev rule to disable USB suspend for this specific model, which solves the described problems. You'll find it attached.
>
> Is there another way to circumvent this problem?

I think usb-auto-suspend is usually off by default and needs to be
enabled per device. The idea is/was to have whitelist of devices and
enable devices which are known to be safe. But as far as I know, no
such list exists or is in common use.

> If not, please consider to include this rule into the official udev release.

Besides a few (pretty broken) exceptions the udev sources do not carry
quirks for individual devices, only generic subsystem specific things.
We can't add this at the moment, there is at the moment no
infrastructure to keep lists like this maintained.

Kay