how to generate udv trigger for a specific device ?

Hello list,

I'm a newbie in udev rules and writing some very specific udev rules for my usb mouse. As per sysfs the mouse is detected as /sys/class/input/input11  and [ udevadm monitor /sys/class/input/input11 ] proves the detection. Now to test my udev rules which execute some action based on add / remove of the mouse, I have to physically add / remove the mouse. And for each and every change in my ruleset I have to do the same. Is there any way to generate the event by udevadm, so that my rules are fired based on the generated event ? I have tried by

udevadm trigger --verbose  --sysname-match=/sys/class/input/input11  action=add

But no luck. Could anyone please help me to generate the required event with udevadm please ?
Also interested to know, how to monitor the rules in action when the proper event is generated.

With regards
J. Bakshi