Re: [Libusb-devel] udev permissions for USB

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 23:11, Peter Stuge <peter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Of course not. I don't think that was the intent of the request.
>
> I do see value in special treatment for "usbfs-capable" interfaces;
> ie. those that have either usbfs or no driver at all bound.

All devices are usbfs capable, and usbfs can unbind any current driver.

We just don't want to encourage the use of any groups like this. With
the same argument we don't want other bus-specific groups like 'pci'
or 'scsi' group for device access permissions behind that bus.

People can do these things very easily in their custom setup, be it
for all usb devices, or with matches on vendor/product/class/...
That's all fine, but it should not be in the default setup.

Kay