Re: udev and acer batteries

Le Thursday 12 August 2010 07:25:56, Martin Pitt a écrit :
> Hello Stéphane,
>
> Stéphane Guedon [2010-08-11 19:08 +0200]:
> > I am writing to you concerning acer batteries.
> > My laptop batteries aren't detected until I plug in/out the ac_adaptator.
> > If I am at home, working on it, no problem. But if I am out of buildings,
> > where I can't have power, my power status won't be detected by my desktop
> > environnement.
>
> This is most probably a bug in hal. KDE still uses hal for hardware
> detection/management, but since it's unmaintained, I wouldn't expect
> this to be fixed anytime soon or at all.
>
> Out of interest, can you install "upower" on your machine (if it's not
> already present), and in this situation (i. e. boot when on battery
> without AC), check the output of "upower --dump" whether it detects
> your battery?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

with ac power on, but battery not yet recognize :

19:44:52 stephane@luciole:~ $ upower --dump
Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_ACAD
  native-path:
/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/ACPI0003:00/power_supply/ACAD
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              Thu Aug 12 19:45:09 2010 (0 seconds ago)
  has history:          no
  has statistics:       no
  line-power
    online:             yes

Daemon:
  daemon-version:  0.9.5
  can-suspend:     yes
  can-hibernate    yes
  on-battery:      no
  on-low-battery:  no
  lid-is-closed:   no
  lid-is-present:   yes

after plugging out and in :

19:45:09 stephane@luciole:~ $ upower --dump
Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_ACAD
  native-path:
/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/ACPI0003:00/power_supply/ACAD
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              Thu Aug 12 19:47:07 2010 (6 seconds ago)
  has history:          no
  has statistics:       no
  line-power
    online:             yes

Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT1
  native-path:
/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0A:00/power_supply/BAT1
  vendor:               SANYO
  model:                AS07B31
  serial:               30996
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              Thu Aug 12 19:47:12 2010 (1 seconds ago)
  has history:          yes
  has statistics:       yes
  battery
    present:             yes
    rechargeable:        yes
    state:               fully-charged
    energy:              48.3294 Wh
    energy-empty:        0 Wh
    energy-full:         48.3294 Wh
    energy-full-design:  48.84 Wh
    energy-rate:         5.6499 W
    voltage:             12.594 V
    percentage:          100%
    capacity:            98.9545%
    technology:          lithium-ion
  History (charge):
    1281635230  100.000 fully-charged
    1281635226  99.426  fully-charged
    1281635222  99.495  fully-charged
    1281635222  0.000   unknown
  History (rate):
    1281635232  5.650   fully-charged
    1281635224  30.225  fully-charged
    1281635222  3.419   fully-charged
    1281635222  0.000   unknown

Daemon:
  daemon-version:  0.9.5
  can-suspend:     yes
  can-hibernate    yes
  on-battery:      no
  on-low-battery:  no
  lid-is-closed:   no
  lid-is-present:   yes

reboot on battery :

19:53:49 stephane@luciole:~ $ upower --dump
Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_ACAD
  native-path:
/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/ACPI0003:00/power_supply/ACAD
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              Thu Aug 12 19:53:52 2010 (0 seconds ago)
  has history:          no
  has statistics:       no
  line-power
    online:             no

Daemon:
  daemon-version:  0.9.5
  can-suspend:     yes
  can-hibernate    yes
  on-battery:      no
  on-low-battery:  no
  lid-is-closed:   no
  lid-is-present:   yes

plugging in the ac adatator

19:53:52 stephane@luciole:~ $ upower --dump
Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_ACAD
  native-path:
/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/ACPI0003:00/power_supply/ACAD
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              Thu Aug 12 19:54:02 2010 (2 seconds ago)
  has history:          no
  has statistics:       no
  line-power
    online:             yes

Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT1
  native-path:
/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0A:00/power_supply/BAT1
  vendor:               SANYO
  model:                AS07B31
  serial:               30996
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              Thu Aug 12 19:54:04 2010 (0 seconds ago)
  has history:          yes
  has statistics:       yes
  battery
    present:             yes