Re: Udev rule for Digi Edgeport 8 (multi-port USB-serial adapter)

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 21:05, Philip Tait <philip@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it safe to update Udev to a newer version that has this capability
> (say 146), (I have to keep the same kernel version), or is it better
> to try to update the rules to implement this feature with version 125?

It's entirely distro specific what will happen if you replace the
stock version, nobody will really be able to tell for sure what would
happen, I guess.

Maybe the rules can be backported to the old version. Here is the change:
  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=commitdiff;h=bc4c751802147f1ff21bf52a57a2976754949453

Kay