Difference between adding a partition after inserting a disk and through repartition

Hello,

I'm looking at the difference between the adding of a partition as
part of the inserting a usb disk,
and after repartitioning the disk.

I want to make udev run a script after it has been inserted. I've
chosen to make this script run after
the whole disk is discovered, and ignore the adding of the individual
partitions.

But after changing the partitiontable, and when a partition is
created, I want to make a script run, and not ignored.

Does udisk discover that?
I've seen some variables like:

UDISKS_PARTITION=1?

Is this the one to check?