From: Greg KH [mailto:greg@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 11:22 PM
To: Donnelly, John (ISS (SNI), Houston)
Cc: linux-hotplug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: FW: udev documentation

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:34:35PM +0000, Donnelly, John (ISS (SNI), Houston) wrote:
> I am investigating how to create a class of Ethernet devices to be
> managed under udev

What do you mean "managed under udev"?  Right now udev can handle renaming network devices, and ethtool is used for all sorts of other configuration options of ethernet devices.  What is currently missing?

> Is there more documentation other than the man pages for udev ? I
> checked the kernel/Documentation too.

What are you trying to do that didn't work out that the documentation is not covering?

thanks,

greg k-h