Expanded CPU details report...

In HAL it was possible to extract several pieces of information about
the processors on a machine, such as product name ("Intel(R) Xeon(R)
CPU E5430  @ 2.66GHz"), number of cores, the core number when peering a
specific core, throttling capability and the like.

With udev we can only detect the number of cores by counting the
instances of devices that report a driver of "processor".

Can we get expanded CPU details in udev, such as the processor product
name, core count and core number (on a specific core), the processor
flags (as seen in /proc/cpuinfo), cache size, speed, and other details?

Thanks.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/