Re: 2 kernels, 2 different mice locations

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 22:40, Aymeric O. <ejisneos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just noticed raw1394 is owned by the "root" group, but it should be
> owned by "disk" so it could be used by a regular user. This problem
> occurs with both kernels. Is it a udev problem or should our udev be
> added some rules to solve this?

Default installations don't want that, because of security concerns
with firewire and DMA access.

The old firewire stack is deprecated now and replaced with new
drivers, so these rules will not be there for very long anymore.

No regular user should ever be in the group "disk". It will allow to
reformat all system partitions. Historically "disk" is more for backup
programs.

Also raw1394 has not much to do with "disk". :)

Kay