[Q] udev and soc-camera

Hello,

I have a system that is built with OpenEmbedded where I use a mt9t031 camera with the soc-camera framework. The mt9t031 works ok with the current kernel and system.

However, udev does not create the /dev/video0 device node. I have to create it manually with mknod and then it works well. If I unbind the device on the soc-camera bus (and then eventually rebind it), udev then creates the node correctly. This looks like a "timing" issue at "coldstart".

OpenEmbedded currently builds udev 141 and I am using kernel 2.6.33-rc5 (but this was already like that with earlier kernels).

Is this problem something known or has at least someone already experienced that problem ?

Thanks and best regards

Val

--
Valentin Longchamp, PhD Student, EPFL-STI-LSRO1
valentin.longchamp@xxxxxxx, Phone: +41216937827