ignore_device

I am trying to write a udev rule that will cause linux to completely
ignore
a USB device.  This is necessary because VirtualBox will not load USB
devices
that have been grabbed by the host system.

Anyway, I created a file '/etc/udev/rules.d/11-blacklist.rules' with the
line:

ATTR{idVendor}=="03eb", OPTIONS+="ignore_device"

This seems to have had no effect whatsoever.  What am I doing wrong?  I
would
just blacklist the module, but this device identifies (incorrectly) as
an HID
device.  I need those of course, so that's a problem.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?  Is there some other way to get
linux to
not hand my USB device over to the HID driver so it will be available
for VirtualBox?

BTW, I'm using Udev 149 with kernel 2.6.31-1-amd64 on Debian Sid.
Thanks
for any help.
-Hatta
--