Re: group is not set properly for usb printer for older kernels

I set udev's loglevel to "debug" and saw something interesting in my logs [1] after turning on the printer. Specifically, the following line appears to be of interest:

Oct 12 19:38:26 foutboxd udevd-work[7541]: '/lib/udev/usb_id' (stderr) 'error opening USB device 'descriptors' file'

Maybe the 'descriptors' file hasn't been created when the udev rules fire? I think this would explain why subsequent calls to udevadm test/trigger apply the correct group to the printer.

Random coincidence, my Canon PIXMA iP3000's print head died soon after I noticed the above error, more than three years after the printer was bought. Time to get a cheap laser printer (I'm considering the Samsung ML-1640) I guess, since getting a new print head for my old inkjet printer would cost more. :<

PS: Sorry for going a bit off-topic about my dead printer, I felt like talking about it a little. :(

----
[1] http://omploader.org/vMmphMg