Re: .udevdb or .udev presence implies active udev. Aborting MAKEDEV invocation.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 19:14, Marcelo Laia <marcelolaia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, I have sent this message to debian user, but not answer yet. So, I
> am redirect it to you. Thank you very much! Marcelo

> From: Marcelo Laia <marcelolaia@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2009/10/7
> Subject: .udevdb or .udev presence implies active udev. Aborting
> MAKEDEV invocation.
> To: Debian English <debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Hi,
>
> I am on a problem:
>
> A few days a go I upgraded my Latitude D630 to unstable. But, after a
> lot of problems, I downgraded to testing again. But, I still with same
> kernel (may be 2.6.29, I am no t sure here!).
>
> So, I still with problems: my pendrive not automount any more, nor
> cdrom. Pendrive I mount by hand on a terminal with "gnome-mount -vbd
> /dev/sdb1". Plus, my Network, Computer, Trash shortcuts on nautilus
> didn't work, and conect to a server only shows "personalized location"
> (FTP, SSH, etc disappeared).
>
> Today, I got a new problem:
>
> After a safe-upgrade I see the message:
>
> .udevdb or .udev presence implies active udev.  Aborting MAKEDEV invocation.
> .udevdb or .udev presence implies active udev.  Aborting MAKEDEV invocation.

This might be all expected behavior, I don't know. You better file a
bug in the Debian bugtracker, we handle mostly development issues, and
general bugfixes here, and not so much distribution specific issues.

Thanks,
Kay