Re: Add user ACLs for /dev/rfkill

Kay Sievers (kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx) said:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 14:27, Harald Hoyer<harald@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Kay?
>
> What's the use case and unprivileged user will need this? It's more
> that NetworkManager and such will interact with that, right?

The bluetooth radio itself is not necessarily a NM-managed object; it's
managed by gnome-bluetooth or similar stacks.

My concern about making it user accesible is it makes it harder for
an administrator to lock down the device if the user can then just
unlock it. But perhaps that's better done at the modprobe level
(not that that works sanely now.)

Bill