bipassing USBHID driver with udev rule

Hi,

I need some understanding regarding usbHID driver

I had  one device called  footpedal usb device,  when I connected that
device to the HOST machine RHEL , default usbHID driver is detecting
my footpedal  i,e  usbhid driver.

Actually
I dont want usbHID driver to detect foot pedal device,  it would have been nice if there was just a nice simple way of stopping the kernel usbHID driver from getting in the way, I want this pedal detected by
my own modified mouse driver.

please
suggest me in this regard or suggest me whether this is possible or not
without compiling the whole source kernel and compiling only my module and insert
that module.

I am through udev
related stuff , am i going in the right path, going through ?.

Thanks & Regards
Kumar Manchala