Re: udev problem (and fix) for /dev/mtdblock*

On Monday 23 March 2009, Kay Sievers wrote:
> > OTP data in lot of the NAND chips I have here exceeds the sysfs 4KB
> > binary file limit; 20KB commonly, 128KB for OneNand.
>
> There is no such limit for binary sysfs files. We have many large file
> there, which map such sizes.

Odd, just the other day I created one with actual size of 8KB.
But "ls -l" showed 4K.  That's clearly a limit... and "cp" was
unable to read the whole thing, it stopped at 4K.  "dd" could
read everything though:  dd bs=1k count=8 did it.

Something seems odd with binary sysfs files in general.  I've
observed something zapping size down to zero after userspace
did some oddball reads ... of the "past EOF" variety, ISTR.