Re: [ANNOUNCE] udev 140 release

Hi Kay,

There seems to some problem with the network bring up after installing udev-140.
This might me an configuration problem. I have seem this issue only in
the case of
eth0, not yet tried it on other interfaces.

There seems to be some problem with event manager while loading the
/etc/network/interfaces. It seems to ignore the eth0 interface  when
udev-140 is installed.

Thanks,
Sujit

PS: My ubuntu crashed after all these changes so could not send across
the log files.

Ways to replicate are.
1. Before installing udev ifconfig, eth0, lo0,  vnet0 in my case.
2. After installing udev ifconfig,  lo0 vnet0 in my case.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here comes a new udev version. Thanks to all who have contributed to
> this release.
>
> The tarball can be found here:
>  ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/
>
> The development repository can be found here:
>  http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=summary
>
> The ChangeLog can be found here:
>  http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/hotplug/udev.git;a=blob;hb=HEAD;f=ChangeLog
>
> udev 140
> ========
> Bugfixes.
>
> "udevadm settle" now optionally accepts a range of events to wait for,
> instead of waiting for "all" events.
>
> --

--linux(2.4/2.6),bsd(4.5.x+),solaris(2.5+)