Re: Problem recreating 70-persistent-net.rules with udev 0.125-7 on Debian 5.0

Oh, ok, so it is a normal behavior ?

I do not want to rename network interfaces, I just need the file to be
recreated when it got deleted.
For example, if I need to restore a sytem into a vmware, this file
needs to be changed. on a normal box, udev will add the new interfaces
as eth2 etc.. so I'll have to delete the file so it will be recreated
with eth0. How can I do that on a vmware ?

Additional question, on my vmware, when I upgraded from Etch to Lenny
(so from z25 to 70 -persistent-net.rules), when udev has been upgraded
it did recreate the file successfully, maybe I can force it again ?
but I don't know how.

Thanks for your help.

Nilshar.