firmware.sh questions

Hi all

Few days ago I wanted to understand a bit better udev, and started
reading its source code, and went to TODO file to see how I could
start contributing, and picket the line: "convert firmware.sh to C ".
In that regard I have some questions:

1 - there isn`t any a udev rule using firmware.sh in upstream source
code(I may have forgot something but a grep -r 'firmware.sh' in
rules.d didn`t show me any thing), do distributors set one? I also
couldn`t find one in fedora 10.
2 - who does set $DEVPATH, $FIRMWARE variables used in firmware.sh?
3 - why would be good "convert firmware.sh to C"? in TODO file this
line is followed by a "(?)" which makes me think it`s not well
discussed yet. ;)

I started rewriting it in C and have few things to finish yet, things
that depend mainly on question 2.

Thank you a lot for your attention and for all your good job writing udev.

[]`s

--
(°=   Leandro Dorileo
//\    ldorileo@xxxxxxxxx   -   http://www.dorilex.net