Re: WAIT_FOR_SYSFS error, Is my udev rule wrong?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 06:47, Karl O. Pinc <kop@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've written a udev rule and am looking
> for comment by those with more experience
> to see if there are improvements to be made.
> KERNEL=="ttyUSB0", ACTION=="add", WAIT_FOR_SYSFS="subsystem/ttyUSB0"

You can only wait for attributes ATTR{} of the device you receive the
event for. "subsystem" is a symlink, and it is created long before the
event is sent.

>  looking at device '/class/tty/ttyUSB0':
>    KERNEL=="ttyUSB0"
>    SUBSYSTEM=="tty"
>    DRIVER==""
>    ATTR{dev}=="188:0"

The device you get the event for has only a single attribute, called
"dev" and there is never a need to wait for that. WAIT_FOR* is to work
around (in most cases broken and should be fixed) sysfs timing issues
in the kernel. Seems, there is nothing in your event where that would
be needed.

What are you trying to wait for?

Kay