From: Matthew Garrett <mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Matt Behrens <matt@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LifeDrive and T|X not seen by hal

Ok. The following things appear to be causing the failure:

1) The FAT signature in bytes 510 and 511 isn't present. This causes the
code to bail.

2) The FAT32 signature in the fsinfo block isn't present. This causes
the code to bail.

3) The loop looking for the root dir appears to jump out past the code
that sets the filesystem label. This results in it ignoring the UUID
and filesystem name.

You probably need to get in touch with the udev developers to get this
fixed - I'm not sure which of these checks could result in false
positives unless care is taken. Once libvolume_id is fixed hal should
just work.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx