Re: ntfs.c failure in udev128

Resending to list - sorry for the bad CC to -owner :/

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:34:59 +1000
Scott Tester <scott@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am having problems with udev recognizing an ntfs filesystem under
> udev128. Strangly, another ntfs partition is being recognized. (One
> formatted using mkfs.ntfs.)
>
> (I have added extra info() lines to ntfs.c and util.c as my syslog
> config is not picking up debug statements.)
> Under udev-127:

...snip...

Have you rebuilt hal since you upgraded udev?  If not, you
probably/usr/libexec/hald-probe-{storage,volume} should do so.
libvolume_id version in udev was bumped, and the
/usr/libexec/hald-probe-{storage,volume} files are linked to the old
one, so they don't work anymore.  There's also a patch in hal's git
repo to use udevadm instead of depending on the udevinfo symlink, so
you'll want that as well.

-RW