Re: Intermittent udev failures with USB devices

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 13:54 -0700, Leonid wrote:
> > I guess you need:
> >  http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=2e5f10e4f0a9649186d8a8c793822b2e0dae8373
>
> I guess I was just a few months behind on reporting this problem!  I
> tried 2.6.26 RC3 and the permissions now seem to be reliably applied.
>
> I'm not sure why I didn't encounter this problem on 2.6.23 given that
> the patch description states this was a long-standing issue, but I
> suppose that that is not worth exploring further.

I'm pretty sure it's the new process scheduler, that works that well,
that we hit the timing issue with the event process before the kernel
has created the files. Long ago Con's scheduler triggered the same
problem, but we didn't really understand what was going wrong that time.
It should be all fine now.

Thanks,
Kay